BMES recommends that members strongly consider joining the national organization. However, membership is not required to participate in events.
To join BMES, follow these steps:
- Download and print the membership form. Alternatively, pick up one outside of our office (M1076 Engineering Centers Building) or at a general meeting.
- Fill out the form.
- Place the form and $35.00 in a sealed envelope and drop it in the mail slot at the BMES office (M1076 Engineering Centers Building) or hand it to an officer directly. Make checks payable to BMES.
- Sign up to receive weekly updates from the chapter by going here and filling out the 'Subscribing to Bmes-general' form.
BMES would like to reward its outstanding members by giving them an opportunity to be become a "Distinguished Member". Benefits include a great resume builder, a certificate each semester, and special discounts at BMES events.
- Be a paid member of the University of Wisconsin Student Chapter of BMES.
- Attend at least four general meetings in the semester.
- Do at least one of the following:
- Attend at least 2 events in 3 of the 4 following categories for a total of 6 events:
- Social Events
- Outreach Events (ie. Science Olympiad, Girl Scout Badge Day, River Food Pantry)
- CRUISE Events (ie. Career Fair Preparation, Class Advising)
- Fundraiser/Engineering Events (ie. Career Fair Volunteering, Pizza Sales, E-Week)
- Attend at least 12 BMES events.
- If the Habitat for Humanity trip in January is attended, this will count as one outreach event for the fall semester and one outreach event for the spring semester since it occurs in the middle of the school year.
- All industry, medical school, and graduate school trips serve as 2 "wild card events".
- Multiple shifts in pizza sales count as one event. BMES still encourages you to sign up for multiple shifts if possible!